Wireless Colorimeter & Turbidity Sensor, PS-3215
This sensor can function as a turbidimeter or colorimeter and is capable of measuring absorbance and transmittance at six different wavelengths.
- Stabilized light source for consistent readings
- Measures six different wavelengths simultaneously
- PASCO software displays the absorbance & transmittance at each wavelength in the appropriate color
- Quick and easy calibration
- Functions as both a colorimeter and turbidimeter
- Wireless design enables data collection in the field
- 1x USB charging cable
- 9x Cuvettes and Caps
- 2x Cuvette Holder
- 1x 100 NTU Calibration Cuvette
WHAT TO CONSIDER
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
The Wireless Colorimeter simultaneously measures the absorbance and transmittance of six different wavelengths. The sensor can be used to study Beer's Law (absorbance vs. concentration), enzyme activity, photosynthesis, and the rates of chemical reactions (absorbance vs. time). After a simple calibration, students can quickly begin viewing live measurements as they materialize across the visible spectrum at 650 nm (red), 600 nm (orange), 570 nm (yellow), 550 nm (green), 500 nm (blue), and 450 nm (violet).
This sensor also functions as a high-quality turbidimeter for water quality analysis. Rather than simply measuring transmitted light, the Wireless Colorimeter and Turbidity Sensor measures light scattered at a 90 degree angle from the sample, resulting in accurate and repeatable measurements. Additionally, the internal housing for the cuvette is opaque, which limits ambient light interference to preserve accuracy.
- Beer's Law (absorbance vs. concentration)
- Measuring reaction rates using absorbance vs. time
- Turbidity testing and colorimetric analysis in the field
- Determining the concentration of an unknown solution
- Comparing the turbidity of water samples