MECHANICS/ Sliding Friction Experiment, EX-5508
The complete solution for discovering the frictional forces on a sliding object.
- 1x Discover Friction Accessory
- 1x PASPORT High Resolution Force Sensor
- 1x PASPORT Motion Sensor
- 4x PAScar Cart Mass (set of 2)
- 1x Braided Physics String
In this experiment, students use a High Resolution Force Sensor to discover frictional forces and their effect on the motion of an object. In addition, the coefficients of friction for various surface combinations can be empirically determined.
Designed for use with any of the following
- 850 Universal Interface
- 550 Universal Interface
- Any PASPORT interface with 2 ports
- Relationship between frictional force and normal force
- Coefficients of friction (kinetic and static)